May 22, 2013

MIM Day 22: War and Grace

There is a stillness inside. Amazing, really. Considering we're hurtling through space at 1610km/hr, I'm tired, hungry, and am having (so are you) 60,000 thoughts a day.

There is a point of focus inside, which is empty. Amazing, really. Considering how full I am of aspiration and concern, abundance and lack. Full to the rim, and yet, in the stillness of a simple moment, there is nothing. It's all vapour.

MIM has been so easy, and entirely impossible. I've noticed how my life is set up to not have time for stillness. And also, that stillness is always there. Bringing it from the background, to the foreground, is a life-enhancing practice. The more mindful I am, the more life slows down. How nice, for time to pass slowly as the year races on.

Some days, days spent in my mind, are an obstacle course. A psychological martial art. Achieving my endless goals feels like juggling under water, with a snorkel.

Some days, my minutes of mindfulness gather and become a way of being. I feel it in my eyes. In this moment, my chest feels like a lake, reflecting back these words and the atmosphere right here, and not a ripple.

My mind, it still likes to throw stones. And sometimes, while sitting still as can be, I hear the distant sounds of battle. I notice also that the frontline, once familiar, feels far away.

Twenty two days into Mindful in May, I feel much more resilient to what comes, and - with a grace I recognise as the gift of meditation - far more accepting of what goes.

Sensing now. The quiet zoom of attention, a hum, perhaps my heart. Everything recedes and is gone, in a single breath.

There is a pristine part of me. A place where all that life, doesn't leave a trace.

Amazing, really.






Mindful in May Stats
Raised by my amazing sponsors: $2,310
Which has me meditating every day: 45 mins
Total raised by MIM: $75,977!!!
www.mindfulinmay.org

~~

For the dreamers...
Dream Lab: www.dreamlab.com.au


No comments: