A love letter to all sponsors at the conclusion of Mindful in May, 2013...
Dear Friends, Sponsors and All Supporters of Mindful in May,
Dear Friends, Sponsors and All Supporters of Mindful in May,
I want to thank you for your support and sponsorship of this nourishing, live-giving cause.
I have been personally touched by the efforts of my gorgeous friends, who showed their colours and became the leading sponsors for Mindful in May 2013. WOW!
Your big hearts are now part of a huge MIM community of big hearts, and all together you have made a huge difference.
I have been personally touched by the efforts of my gorgeous friends, who showed their colours and became the leading sponsors for Mindful in May 2013. WOW!
Your big hearts are now part of a huge MIM community of big hearts, and all together you have made a huge difference.
The ripple effect of what we have done together is worth taking a moment to appreciate. $82,350 has been raised globally, enough to fund two major water projects in Rwanda. People will live, babies and their mothers will survive labor, sickness will be far less fatal, fields will be planted, jobs will be created… somewhere in Rwanda, things will be better. For generations.
The cherry on this mindful cake, has been my personal journey with meditation this month. Due to a high level of sponsorship, I have been meditating 45 minutes a day. As you can imagine, this is a transformative ratio. Research has shown that 20-minutes per day for a month creates physical changes in the brain. So not only have you contributed to a gray-matter upgrade upstairs, you have, literally, made my life - and brain - better.
I kept a bit of a blog during the month to let you know how I was going. In case you haven't had time to check in, you can just browse the post titles below to get a sense of the journey. The best indicator is reading the first post, then the last post. Perhaps you can feel the gifts of mindfulness taking root.
Day 2: That Ain't Meditation
Day 3: Mindfulness vs. Hummus
Day 4: Quiver
Day 5: Meditation isn't Improving, But Life Is…
Day 9: Still Here…
Day 22: War and Grace
My dear, big-hearted friends. I invite you to imagine that the benefits and rewards of this campaign have only begun in May. It's true effects will continue to be life-giving and peace-creating for years to come.
Thank you for being in my life.
With big love,
Ilana

No comments:
Post a Comment