May 1, 2013

MIM Day 1: Long way from pillow to cushion


Today was a remembrance. Hard as it was to get my butt to that cushion, the first whiff of silence was just like meeting an old friend... from 2007.

In November of that year, in the midst of a major life upheaval, I entered a buddhist monastery in Nepal for five weeks. One of the gifts of MIM has already been rereading some of my posts from back then - emotional for me, but also a living testament to the power of meditation: Before Kopan - After - A Month Later.

Okay, back to the here-and-now.

Like a rabbit on a greyhound track, but slower, this morning I set up bells to ring every ten minutes. When the first bell went, I was almost settled. At 20 minutes, I was ansi again. Yes, I have a busy mind, a bustling heart.





Will try to remember: in this spaciousness, everything is allowed.

Around my cushion are texts that remind me of what can't be explained, but can be experienced. At the moment, it's the Tao Te Ching, Writing on Water (Mooji), and the Avadhut Gita (excerpt remix feat Mooji).


When I meditate, I take a reflection in with me. Like planting a seed, my intention is for it to take route and perhaps one day grow in my consciousness. This morning, I took an excerpt from the Tao Te Ching:


Longwinded speech is exhausting.

Better to stay centered.



Ohm.




What is this about? Here
Where can I donate? Here

No comments: