After the leaving Kopan Monastery, I found it difficult to write for a long time. Mainly because I did not know where to start, and I was liking keeping all the sensations and thoughts inside. Then, pretty soon, I simply got distracted and moved on to different experiences, from which it was even harder to build a literary bridge.
Wonderfully, in the last few days of my travels, I had an experience that inspired me to sit down and write a final post. I did that, and since then it has been sitting in an almost-completed form on my computer. I hope to post it on Journey Always Waiting in the next couple of weeks.
Meanwhile, I am writing this post from Los Angeles. What happened was that in February, when I was on my way to India for the Dalai Lama's teachings, I was offered a short-term project creating a brand for a new nightclub and restaurant on the Hollywood strip. That's where I am right now.
Once this is project done, I plan to get back onto the road. I will start in Bali, but probably need a month or two in Melbourne in between, to take care of some practical life and living issues.
I now need to make a decision. Where do I post to in the meanwhile... Firefly or Journey? Technically, Journey is meant to be a travel blog. But technically, I am still traveling.
Since there is no clear answer, I have decided to split my writing into two difficult to distinguish categories. Some things will be posted here, others will be posted there. My journey is bleeding into my life, and so my blogs must bleed into each other as well.
Regardless of where the words appear, it feels like this whole year will be a continuation of the transformative journey I began on October 1, 2007; rich with short stories, unexpected twists and turns, and with my new life force the common denominator beneath it all.
If anything is clear at all, it is that this is the beginning of a totally new way of life for me. I see the decisions I am making during this time not in the context of a vacation or an adventure, but as a focused, strategic and wisdom-inspired movement towards a new future, a new destiny.
Wherever I post, everything I do now feels like it is part of my Journey Always Waiting.
March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment